Purchasing Stock Items
- Visit the sales counter in 1400 Gilman and place your order in person. One of our storekeepers will be happy to take your order, make recommendations if you have any questions, and fill your order while you wait. Please have WorkTag information and proper approval from your department.
- Place an order by going to our web page: https://order.chem.iastate.edu/home Customers will have access to our online system and can browse our catalog online and place orders for pick-up or delivery. Contact us at 515-294-0200 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any quesitons.
- When filling dewars;
Cut off times for dewars to be filled same day:
Large dewars (greater than 30L), need to be brought to the store by 2:30pm
Small dewars (less than 30L) by 3:30pm
- To take EH&S Training for Tax-Free Ethanol
- Purchases of liquid nitrogen, dry ice, and bulk solvents require the customer to provide a suitable container for dispensing. If you do not have a suitable container you may purchase one from Chemistry Stores when available.
Placing Special Orders
- Visit the Chemistry Stores office in 1351 Gilman. We maintain a catalog library with current catalogs from hundreds of different vendors. The sales staff can help you search for a specific item and make recommendations if you have any questions. You will be asked to fill out a sales requisition form so please have WorkTag information and proper approval from your department. We will contact you when the item is ready to be picked up in 1400 Gilman.
- Place an order from our online catalog and ordering system through CyBUY. Customers who have signed up for access to our online system can place orders for non-stock items using the special order function. We will contact you when the item arrives and is ready to be picked up in 1400 Gilman. Contact John Burright at 515-294-0200 or email@example.com if you would like to have access to our online system.