Six students from the department were awarded a Dean's High Impact Award for Undergraduate Research, spring 2020. These awards provide $1,200.00 to undergraduates for conducting 100 hours of research during the spring semester. After earning this honor through an application process, these students gain valuable experience as they collaborate with faculty mentors and carry out leadership roles on cutting-edge research projects. Congratulations to the following students:
- Savanah Van Scoy with Robbyn Anand, assistant professor of chemistry.
- Matthew Anbro with William Jenks, professor of chemistry and chair of the Department of Chemistry.
- Juyeon Won with Kirill Kovnir, associate professor of chemistry.
- Megan Knobeloch with Javier Vela, professor of chemistry.
- Claudio Ordonez with Wenyu Huang , associate professor of chemistry.
- Mark Bertolami with Julia Zaikina, assistant professor of chemistry.
A feature on Won, Kovnir Group, as well as the complete list of the 47 award winners can be found at https://news.las.iastate.edu/2020/02/19/las-students-awarded-deans-high-impact-undergraduate-research-awards/.