Organic Photochemistry, Organosulfur Chemistry, Reactive Intermediates.
Home | Research Interests | Group Page | Selected Publications
- "Evidence for a non-cleavage pathway in the photochemical stereomutation of sulfoxides," Vos, B. W.; Jenks, W. S. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2002, in press.
- "Thermolysis of Alkyl Sulfoxides and Derivatives: A Comparison of Experiment and Theory," Cubbage, J. W.; Guo, Y.; McCulla, R. D.; Jenks, W. S. J. Org. Chem. 2001, 66, 8722-36.
- "Computational studies of the ground and excited state potentials of DMSO and H2SO: Relevance to photoracemization," Cubbage, J. W.; Jenks, W. S. J. Phys. Chem. A 2001, 105, 10588-95.
- "Bimolecular photoreduction of aromatic sulfoxides," Cubbage, J. W.; Tetzlaff, T. A.; Groundwater, H.; Jenks, W. S. J. Org. Chem. 2001, 66, 8621-8.
- "Variation in the Chemistry of the TiO2-Mediated Degradation of Hydroxy and Methoxybenzenes: Electron Transfer and HO ads Initiated Chemistry," Li, X.; Cubbage, J. W.; Jenks, W. S. J. Photochem. Photobiol. A 2001, 143, 69-85.
- "Ei Elimination: An Unprecedented Facet of Sulfone Chemistry," Cubbage, J. W.; Vos, B. W.; Jenks, W. S. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2000, 122, 4968-71.
- "Isotope Studies of Photocatalysis: Dual Mechanisms in the Conversion of Anisole to Phenol," Li, X.; Jenks, W. S. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2000, 122, 11864-70.
- "Photocatalytic Degradation of 4-Chlorophenol. 1. The Hydroquinone Pathway," Li, X.; Cubbage, J. W.; Tetzlaff, T. A.; Jenks, W. S. J. Org. Chem. 1999, 64, 8509-24.
- "Quenching of Singlet Oxygen by Free Radicals: Evidence for Energy Transfer to Peroxy Radicals in Solution," Darmanyan, A. P.; Gregory, D. D.; Guo, Y.; Jenks, W. S.; Burel, L.; Eloy, D.; Jardon, P. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1998, 120, 396-403.
- "Photodeoxygenation of Dibenzothiophene Sulfoxide: Evidence for a Unimolecular S-O Cleavage Mechanism," Gregory, D. D.; Wan, Z.; Jenks, W. S. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1997, 119, 94-102.